Updated January 3, 2018
Most of our group exhibitions are for members only unless otherwise noted.
- We will only contact you if your work is accepted.
- Artists are responsible for shipping to and from the venue.
- All artwork submitted must be available to sell.
- Not all artwork has to be new for each call.
- Read each curator's call and follow directions.
- If you are not sure about anything below, please contact Didi Menendez at didimenendez at icloud.com.
When New Artwork is Requested for an Exhibition
- Read each curator's call to see if they mention if a work has to be new and created specifically for their call. When a new work is requested that means it may not have been previously published or shown online or social media.
- If a new artwork created for a specific call is accepted then PoetsArtists reserves FIRST PUBLISHING RIGHTS for said piece and expect to be the first to publish the image or poem.
- Images of artwork accepted into our exhibitions will be used to promote the exhibition and publication. We will use social media and articles to help promote the artist and exhibition.
- Images will be sent to the press to see if they have an interest in writing articles to further promote the exhibition.
- Artists whose work is accepted are encouraged to contact their local newspapers and send them information about their work in the exhibition.
- Requests for attributions back to PoetsArtists group exhibition (name of the exhibition) should be mentioned in all future publications.
- Members may submit to as many of our calls as they qualify for.
- Only submit artwork which fits the theme prepared by the editor/curator.
- Submit high resolution images 300 DPI with a minimum of 1500 pixels wide.
- Images should be in JPG format RGB color and not TIFF or any other format.
- Title your folders with your first and last name and add the name of the call. For example Didi_ Menendez_Chevere. Images should also include your name including the title, medium, size, and year. For example: Didi_Menendez_Chevere_oiloncanvas_10x8inches_2017.
- Place a text file with your contact information including your email address and web site along the images inside the folder. If the text file is missing with your contact information then we will not be able to reach out to you.
- We will only contact you if your work is accepted for publication.
What happens upon acceptance.
- If your artwork or poetry is accepted for an exhibition please do not submit it to another group show or publication. If you prefer to have your work in another show then send a formal letter to have it withdrawn to dididmenendez at icloud.com.
- All artwork must be available to sell at the time of the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for the shipping of their work to and from the exhibition gallery.
- You will be contacted by the publisher and/or the curator that your work has been accepted and will be asked for additional materials which may consist of additional images and copy for the publication.
- An artist agreement for publication and/or group show will be provided after acceptance.
- All email correspondence will serve as confirmation of acceptance for publication and/or group exhibitions.
- Missed deadline for publication will exclude artists from the exhibition. In other words, if you are not in the publication, you are not in the show.
- Galleries and/or museums directors will select from the curated publication the works to be hung.
- Artwork received for shows which were not properly represented in the original images submitted will be withdrawn.
How to prepare for publication and/or PA group shows.
In anticipation for acceptance or general practice artists should consider having some items ready for publication. Some of these items may include an updated CV, a narrative short bio, high resolution images of the artwork, new photos of yourself for exclusive use of PoetsArtists, general artist statements and information about the individual works submitted. Please note that our publisher may also ask for videos or process statements.
We do not offer complimentary copies to our contributors.
PoetsArtists aka PA is a publication of GOSS183, editor, publisher Didi Menendez.